Wakefield District Cycle Forum (WDCF) believes that it is always unacceptable for a child, young person or adult at risk to experience abuse of any kind. WDCF recognises its responsibility to safeguard all children, young people and adults at risk and promote their welfare, by a commitment to practice which protects them.
We aim to create a safe environment in which children, young people and adults at risk can thrive and WDCF can work with the security of clear guidance.
WDCF recognises that:
- The welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk should always be the paramount consideration.
- All children, young people and adults at risk – regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation – have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
- Working in partnership with children, young people and adults at risk, their parents, teachers, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting their welfare.
WDCF will seek to safeguard children, young people and adults at risk by:
- Valuing, listening to and respecting them.
- Recruiting volunteers and representatives safely, ensuring that all necessary checks are made.
- Sharing information about child, young person and adult at risk protection and good practice with volunteers and representatives.
- Ensuring any safeguarding concerns are shared with the relevant statutory agencies.
- Providing effective management for volunteers and representatives through supervision, support and training.
- Reviewing the safeguarding policies, procedures and practice annually.
Any concerns can be emailed to email@example.com
Chair WDCF signature: –